Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Senti..?? Whats that ??"- The confessions of a Dark & Wretched Soul

Disclaimer :

  • The following work only reflects the author's opinions & is not meant to be interpreted as an attempt to sermonize anyone or change the reader's opinion/beliefs
  • The opinions expressed are not universal in their scope and are directed at a fairly limited number of individuals and NOT to all as some of the words may otherwise suggest.

" I have walked the paths ; the shadowed roads
that led to terror's breast.
I have plumbed the depths of Hatred's womb
and scaled Destruction's crest.

For every secret left unveiled, for evert power learned,
I'd sell the remnants of my soul, regardless how it burned.
And still I sought a higher wisdom few could have attained.
'Though I found it, it would leave me - broken, damned and drained.

For now I find this power gained is more unto a curse.
My spirit burns with every spell and each irreverent verse.
Despite this strength and knowledge earned, I have paid a heavy toll,

Never should've traded power for my own immortal soul."

Only a stone-hearted & soulless human being could have the affront to take the unambiguously humanistic expression of "senti" & tear it to shreds, cowering in the comfort of being in the safe sanctuary offered by the limits of bandwidth, separated in thought & physical being from the very thought process he despises, and yet lay claims to displaying enormous courage & mental fortitude to accomplish this un-'senti' task. And yes, I am the proud being who gets to commit this sacrilege.

A word which has now become synonymous with farewells in colleges - "Senti". When people are asked whats the big deal over senti, pat comes the repy "Hey, its the last few days of our final year dude !!, How can u not get senti when people go away ?!?!"

So that's the deal - You get senti, or rather,you are supposed to get senti when people go away & you might never see them ever again !!!

"So.." I asked one of my friends.." Doesn't this senti feeling have any significance when you are actually in the company of or spend time with the very people whom you are bidding farewell to ??"
"Hmmm...I donno all that...But why the F**K are u asking so many questions ?!? Aren't u senti that we might never see so many of our classmates ever again??" was my friend's response

"Not really" was my nonchalant response, and before he could enlighten me of the earth-shattering implications of my reply I just gave him a "Its OK, I know you will never understand" and moved aside from the "Senti" scene...


Yes..its true...Its damn true...I actually do NOT feel senti about not seeing my classmates (save a very few chosen ones)..I know not whether anyone shares my grotesque beliefs or whether even a single reader will not recoil in disgust at my macabre thoughts.
But I haven't always been the hard-hearted being that I have become now...

There was a time when I was senti...Very Very senti...!!!
Not just for those who bid farewell to their classmates and who recollect the most insignificant trifles which had never been brought up in all of the earlier time together, only when they were no more an issue to be considered,..But for all of those who came into my acquaintance, I was senti for all my friends. The very word "Friends" became synonymous with everyone whom I smiled at, everyone who was my "friend" on orkut, all my classmates, roommates, wingmates & it didn't matter how long the list went on...For everyone who had a breath to share,deserved to be honoured with my "friendship" - Or so I believed.
How delightfully pure were those days when I could brush aside anger or imprudence in action as one-off exceptions of people of "friendly" conduct - Who wouldn't wanna be senti about such a gang of friends who meant more than the world to you ?? It didn't matter to me whether it was studies, serious advice or just mere company that my "friend(s)" expected of me, But whatever I was doing just had to wait till I was done doing what my friends wanted....After all..I was bonded to them by "Senti"...!!!

If only they had let me remain what I always had been- A soft & pure soul who would never let go of any opprtunity to help a "friend" and to share his burden or give him something to smile for...
Maybe then I would have cheated destiny into not making me the cold-blooded rascal that I have become - One who has taken an oath not to vilify his conscience with people who called themselves his "friends" and doesn't give a damn to whether his "Friends" even acknowledge his existence.

Perhaps providence wishes to mock me with this wicked irony-
To know that "Friends" who weren't denied their request when they needed help studying subjects would one day look upon me merely as an obstacle with a high GPA who needed to be countered to realize their own 9 point dreams, "Pals" who wanted me to never change from being an honest, helpful guy went around preaching that malicious intent was at the centre of my "friendly" demeanour, Guys who came to me to help them before campus interviews were also never were too shy to let "friends" of their own know that I had vested interests in snatching their livelihood away, A couple of catastrophic debacles in final year was all it took for a few "die-hard" fans to disappear from my company as if in muted mockery.

You think I am a sore loser don't you - Writing a post cribbing his a$$ out for nothing that makes sense....???
Perhaps you are right...But you know what...???To know that your stone-heart is invulnerable to the vagaries of human "friendliness", to know that you dont need to trust secrets with people who eventually become loud-mouth back-biters, that you are no more susceptible to the improprieties of undeserving company and that you learn to place your faith in the ONLY person that shall forever stay loyal to you - Yourself, is a very comforting thought indeed.

Now when I look back and read all that I have poured out in this post I cannot help but gasp & recoil in muted shock at what my thoughts are or have been...That I even conceived, nevermind the fact that I wanted to be, being a stone-hearted being...& though no tears are forthcoming from my eyes which have long been dry with indifference, I actually feel my dark soul becoming vulnerable with "senti" all over again, I realize that there is still a part of me which remains a human made of flesh, tears & blood, perhaps beacuse I owe my present state of indifferent invulnerability to all that my "Friends" have given me in return for my own "senti" in a time which now is nearly a forgotten memory.

I am grateful to you, my "Friends", for showing me the difference that indifference has made to my life. And though, my pride & ego shall never allow me to genuinely call u a friend ever again for all the senti that you have robbed my being of, I sincerely hope all of you accomplish whatever you set out to achieve and make a difference to many more lives (Just like you did to mine), although I wonder if I will ever hear or want to hear about any of you....

"...For every secret left unveiled, for evert power learned,
I'd sell the remnants of my soul, regardless how it burned....

...Despite this strength and knowledge earned, I have paid a heavy toll,
Never should've traded power for my own immortal soul."

23 comments:

Unknown said...

lol....duude...even two months back i wasnt that much senti...shucks i dint even wat to got to my farewell...but now that i am away & have PROBABLY seen many of my classmates for the LAST time(the wrod probably makes me go senti)...yeah ur heart does feel literally heavy....
its only a matter of time shubho.....its only a matter of time before u will start missing ur classmates....

Akshaya said...

Truth of life. Realization dawns, I see!

Garam Bheja Fry said...

that was dark!!

but i must say buddy if a dictionary named "indifference" is ever compiled then there wouldn't be any words like "sorrow, pain, nostalgia" in it....and who wudn't take that!!

Buddy we always need some bh*nch**ds around us to call them so.. coz they spice up our life..don't they.. and thats why u'll be missing them..if not for any other reason..

Shubhankar said...

@harsh...

Well...there are some I already miss...as for the others..who were they..?? :P

Shubhankar said...

@akshaya

Yes...enlightenment can be so..."enlightening"

@garam bheja fry

I wish I could say that such b**nc**ds would spice up my bland life...only problem is...that in the past..I lived entirely in spice to the point where it was eating away at me..!!!

@all....Why the hell am i drwoning myself in such dark thoughts..!?!? :O

shaaaaaaam said...

i dint know anyone could ever catch my thoughts,until i read this post!

Shubhankar said...

@shaaaaam...

I never knew that there were so many hidden dark souls around...Perhaps I should have spitted out all the venom of hatred that I have been wanting to relieve myself of, instead of taming it down to a politically correct version...

Oh well...you still get the bottomline dont you..?? :P

Anarchy said...

Senti hmmm???

you dint "shred it apart" like you promised!!! but then, you pretty much explained your state of mind right now!!! Me thinks the starting was a bit misleading! :P

And I remember my last year man.. so many good friends leaving, man I was "senti"... and I was kinda waiting for this post to tell me how stupid I was..
but you dint do that...
so a load of thanks for that! :P

supraja suresh said...

hmmm.....all i'll say is ur not the only one facing such situations....

:-)

i dont know if u remember my tag on orkut some months back-->'when realization dawns'... ;-)

so there you go....

Subodh said...

Quite Senti Post. Isnt it??

Unique way to rip senti apart. Anyways, good attempt to be honest.

You learn to place your faith in the ONLY person that shall forever stay loyal to you - Yourself Sums it up. People fail to even stay loyal to themselves in an attempt to get along with others.

It is hightime we realize that the most important thing is to be honest with oneself.

Anyways, dont you think, the sheer fact that you have devoted so much time thinking about these friends (or non-friends of yours) will make you want to hear about them. (despite your claim to the contrary).

And If someone among them do come face to face with you some day, hug you and apologize for whatever kiddish back-baiting he indulged in that failed to have any impact on any of the concerned parties except contributing to the learning of both, wudnt u be friends with him again..

Shubhankar said...

@anarchy...
Refer to my reply to shaaaam's comment..I seriously wanted to write so much more & pour out all my hatred...But the fear of being blacklisted forever by "senti" junta stopped me short of doing what should have been done...
Damn..!!! Wont ever let "senti" get the better of me again..!!!

Shubhankar said...

@supraja..

Hey thats the cliched reply I have been giving u for many of your cribs na..?? :D

& yes..."when realization dawns" indeed..!! :P

Shubhankar said...

@eric blair...

Yes..good line that..That we fail to stay loyal to ourselves in fulfilling our obligations to others...So true..

& as for me becoming vulnerable to the senti of my "Friends"...well...many have tried such "tactics" (Man..I m talking real cruel here) to get things back in place...Wonder if it made a difference to them that I never ever cared a rat's ass about what they had to say...

Kireeti (a.k.a ARAGORN) said...

hey, i dont know how far others can relate this post to you..but being a nittian who knows you, i can feel the intensity of this post...real gud one man...actually i was waiting for your new post from the day you left the college...and here it is with a bang!!!

Shubhankar said...

@kireeti...

Yes...you are one of the very few who knows in exact terms just how much I hate some of the people around me...(I wouldn't be surprised if it is beyond the scope of quantification..!! :P )

& yes...keep reading my posts...I will keep writing as long as I can..!! :-)

PG said...

[:O]

PG said...

aise classmates to sabko hote hain na... they are everywhere.. atleast u came till engg before u met them..

Shubhankar said...

@Nymphadora...

I met them everywhere in fact...but it was only in Feb 2007 that I got to call myself a blogger...poured my feelings out for my "Friends" in 3 months...Not bad eh..?? :P

blitzkrieg said...

Sexy Pot shot at shameless senti souls!

Welcome to the Hatred club.Fuck you.

:D

Shubhankar said...

@blitzkrieg...

Saala...mere hi blog me mujhe fuck you bolte hue sharam nahi aati..??? :P

blitzkrieg said...

@Shubh :

"Fuck you" is the signature welcome to the Hatred club.

:P

sravanthi nanduri said...

hmmm...
well these revelations of senti...
it looks like mirror of myself and my thoughts yaar..perhaps
an alter ego...
i think it happens in everyone's life.. but..
i believe that to be happy expect nothing whn u help others... and i dont expect any loyalty bcos i dont require it..:-)
but.. to hav fun..and intresting moments...make frnds at evrystage of life. most of them wil b only copassengers in train.. so called life
so chill:-)

Shubhankar said...

@sravanthi...

Yup...they arent much more than copassengers on a journey...Kinda subscribe to that thought..!!!